Thursday, December 3, 2009

You stole my heart little blue room!

Dilemma!!! {or Di-alemma - yes, that is about the way I say it!}

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Paintings OR Christmas . . . which are super high on my current priority list. But it is one of those things floating around in the back of my head {all the time!} Why? I don't KNOW! I'm just weird like this!

But as you know, Em is 20 months. Won't be long - baby girl will be moving into a big girl bed! It seems like only a couple of months ago, I was tediously planning out her nursery while running around with only 3 boys! Those were the days I was oblivious to therapies, aspergers and minimal change disease! THOSE were the days - the clueless, wonderful, worry-free days! haha! {I sure wouldn't have taken them for granted if I had that crystal ball I've always wanted!!!}

Sorry - back on track . . . remember her room?? I love that room. Still love that room! I've hinted around how I found french provincial furniture! And my intentions are to paint it pink - the exact pink of her crib!

{not my house - Craigs list picture. Just wanted to clear that up!}

NOW - hear me, only the dresser, mirror and 1 nightstand is pink! BECAUSE they are not the "good" kinda furniture and they HAVE to be painted - does that make sense?? That is/was my intentions - paint them pink. {I'll tell you about the bed{s} in a minute.} Well, we had a little mishap with the pink. They don't make it anymore! Yes, it was a spray paint. I tried using another color pink - revolting! I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. But once I got over the HORRIBLE re-do. My brain quickly starting digging deep til it remembered the name, brand and even type of paint that it was . . . . and I did find many cases online! I'm about to buy it . . . then, I see this post {completely accidentally!}

My heart stopped for about 7 seconds. My keyboard was covered in drool - it was bad! I want that wall color and red furniture!!! But I love the pink and red together!!!! Em loves pink - and red is throughout my entire house. What is a girl to do!?!?!

Can you picture a red french, provincial dresser???

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have red beds - but I can't this time. This 1 time, {I can't believe I'm about to admit this,} this 1 time - I can't paint the beds. Not because I was "told" not too {which has always been the past reasons I wasn't "allowed"} but because the bed{s} I've already purchased {with my own money}{that are not family heirlooms}{that are hanging out in MY bedroom} {because they are way too nice for the garage!} NEED to stay the pecan/maple color they are. They just look that good!

You want to see them, you ask?? Well, ok . . .


Whatcha think?? Yeah, they are the real deal!


For me, they were love at first site - hence the reason I bought them long before baby girl needed them!

So, now I'm torn - only because I love Em's current fabrics {which have absolutely no blue} but I had every intention of using as much of them for as long as I could. And I really love Edie's little girl's room.

I've never kept a tight color palette - so I can always work with blue, red and pink?? Somehow - tastefully. BUT what the heck color do I paint the dresser!?!?!?!? Because pink would be too much for the blue walls - should I dare go red??

Somebody help me - I'm cracking under all the pressure!!!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know about the walls or dresser but I'm in complete agreement. Those beds must. Stay. Wood. Painting them would be something you'd regret forever. Maybe you could try one color for each piece you want to paint? It's a kid's room, not a hotel! You're great with stripes and dots! Do a little pattern or something on the ones you paint to tie them together and use whatever colors you like!

Adventures on the Farm said...

Ok girl lets talk...I have a wave of ideas running through my mind--INBOX watch out

Remember I too couldnt wait to come up with the perfect little girls room and in due time will need HELP too. SO dont think I am a crazy stalker but I am sending you a few ideas.

Hugs

shabby girl said...

Beautiful beds! If anyone will be able to figure the color thing out, it's you!
I have an old mirror that looks like it belongs with those headboards! Unfortunately, it was painted orange years ago! Well, a rusty, antique-y orange. I didn't do it. But I kept it because I loved the shape of it. Maybe one day I'll get it out of the garage and paint it...

Renée T. Habashy said...

I have COMPLETE faith in you to figure it out and it will not only be charming and beautiful, but it will make me drool as do ALL the home improvements you've posted on here. Go with your gut- I'm sure it will all turn out fantastic.

http://reneetbouchard.blogspot.com

Live from the Quick House said...

OK, the beds are amazing, I paint everything and I don't think I would paint those. I am saying RED all the way on the dresser, that will look Great. I have complete faith in you. What ever you paint, use Sherwin Williams, I know how much you love it.

Its So Very Cheri said...

This is my first time to your blog. I am now a follower.

Love the beds. I don't know exactly what her baby bedding looked like but--I made all of my little girls baby bedding (after 3 boys) and then I tool her baby bedding and added to it for her big girl bed. I don't know if you can add to it to incorporate some of the red and robin egg blue or not but just thought I would share. I do have pics of her baby bedding and her big girl bedding on my blog--although I kept hers all pink.

Cheri

Knit Wit said...

Where did you get those beds? Love them.

Heather said...

I think red would be lovely for the dresser... you've got enough readers, try and sell your curtains/bedding. That will allow you to change it up without feeling too guilty! Good luck!

Sara F. said...

Since you asked...while Edie's daughter's room is amazing, it isn't really a "little" girl room color scheme. When Em is a little older, you could easily transition to this color scheme and re-paint the dresser red then. I am the mom of two boys and if I had the opportunity, I would go pink while I could fully knowing that eventually girls usually tire of it.
Those beds are beautiful and girly and they are begging to be in a girly pink room. ;-)
I'm sure whatever you decide will be precious.

Brittany said...

Fresh Green (not christmas green but a soft green) would look amazing and compliment the blue walls, would not overpower the room and would still allow for you to use accents in your favorite colors of red or pink. Can't wait to see the finished pics. I am sure whatever you choose will be beautiful.

JoAnneBNA said...

Ohhh, I love how you think. I'm totally down with the French Provincial. LOVE those beds. I need to learn how to shop from you!
Do you think that much red on such a large piece might be too much? I'm thinking a mirror that has a red frame, maybe some other pieces with red as your common thread/accent color would be good.
I know you need to paint that dresser for sure. Whatever you decide will totally be fabulous- you have a beautiful creative mind! Bed are BEAUTIFUL!!! =)

Natalie said...

If anyone can work in the blue, pink, red together - it's YOU, boo!! I'm totally motivated to do Kennedy's room in a butterfly theme now ...

Miss G said...

Those beds are BEAUTIFUL! Kely