Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's official . . .

I'm home alone for the rest of the month. Just my pregnant self, 3 crazy kids and my psycho dog - Tiddles. Alone . . . . . . . just me and allllll these kidlets. One of the many things that never came to mind when I use to dream of my "large" family. That would also go with the "what kind of vehicle I would have to drive" if I had so many kids = grocery getter = minivan!! The sacrifices us mothers must make for our children!!

But on a good note {because I'm refusing to whine,} Lonnie hung up the chandelier!!!! Drum roll please . . . .


I soooo love it!! You can also see the curtains hanging in the background. They started off as simple panels - of course I couldn't leave that alone!! With about 20 minutes, needle, thread and some giant plastic rings, I made the pinch pleats at the top. I still need to press it out and OF COURSE do the other panel!! I just need to find another 20 minutes!!

This is the first time I didn't make all the bedding {time & lifestyle just doesn't permit anymore!} So, the bedding was bought {and obviously the panels!} But I still had to find some fabric that coordinated to reupholster my great-grandmother's rocker. Currently it is in a green/white plaid with light blue piping - not quite working with new baby girl's decor!!! I really didn't know what I would find to match - but guess what - I did find some fabric that matched!! Woohoo . . . .


The stripe is a dead on match - un-BElievable!! The other matches very well and compliments both fabrics, but I'm not really planning on using much of it - only on the chair {and ottoman.} I've put a call in with the guy who does all my upholstery - actually, he has redone this chair about 4 times now!!! I'm sure he is getting sick of looking at it! Hopefully that means it won't take him long and I can get a picture of it soon!!

Well, since Lonnie is gone to Little Rock for the next 3 weeks, I probably {hopefully} can get some stuff done around here. I've ONLY got 6 weeks to go before my last puzzle piece arrives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it!!!! Try not to lose your mind too bad while he is gone. =) Isn't it funny how much we can get done when they are gone?!

Isaac's Family said...

Kim - the chandelier is UNBELIEVABLE and I love the fabric! Be sure to post pics of the bedding. I think we used the same medallion in Claire's room. Curtains look fab too!

Natalie said...

As if I would expect anything less from you ~ I swear, I think you could give Martha Stewart a run for her money!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is ..... WOW!!!
Please find time to rest!!!!