Saturday, November 22, 2008

Drum Roll Please . . . .

Finally, I would like to introduce . . . . . .

the long-awaited-limited edition-Christmas 2008

"Fa la la"

{bettcha didn't guess it!}



I stayed true to Christmas colors - red, green, white and lime. I'm really into this fun mod look. As last time - it is a set of 3 5x5's. They will have paper backing and a saw tooth hanger on each. Ready to hang OR sit!


I actually will keep this set - I didn't get a set of the "boo" to keep - {boo hoo!} - and this set was really only the practice set. There will be a few things that I will do different for each of your sets.

For one - the lime green tick marks on the "Fa" are tooo straight. I really like the way they look on the top {above the "F' and "a"}.


Another change is the background - I actually didn't pearlize these like I always do! Your set will have a pearl shimmer {unless it looks ghetto!} I'm not having any ghetto-ness on these!



And as much as I can't believe I'm saying this, I am - "the lines on the sides are toooo straight" - what, me{?} - paint a straight line{?} - I know, I really can't! But somehow, I did{!?} And I don't like it!!! So, expect yours to have some slanting going on. Not in the same direction - all "which-a-way" slants.


Now give me some opinions - what do you like?? And as hard as it is to hear the "what you don't like," I'm open to that, too . . . . just try to keep those at a minimum! tee hee


So, come on . . . . tell me! Leave a comment and let me know! Love it - hate it - don't know about it . . . .


A little 3-D embellishment {another "always" on small words art.}


There you have - the Christmas 2008 limited edition piece. I have to tell you - you guys were cracking me up! I was getting emails for several months trying to guess what it was going to be! I came close to "ho ho ho" - but this was more my style! The set sells for $50 {plus shipping.} Go to the site. Click on order form and type in "Christmas 2008" into the slot labeled "desired name or initial". Since you have to fill out the form completely - just type me a note or something like that in the last slot labeled "your chosen design and size."

I hope you love them - and they are as great as you expected {if not better!} For all the pre-orders, you will be receiving an invoice shortly!!!

Again - leave me some feedback!

51 comments:

Em said...

ADORABLE! Love the colors and all the too straight lines :) Beautiful set!

Lea Ann said...

These are so cute!!

Kacee said...

Kim..they are adorable!!!! You did great work as always. Love, Love, Love the colors

Hillcrest Acres said...

Such a fun set!!! You never disappoint.

Tales of a Peanut said...

Love Love Love them!! I can't wait to get mine!

Holli said...

They are too cute! I am so into the mod lines, dots & the colors. I'm trying to find some wrapping paper like that. Great job as always!

Natalie said...

I am SCREAMING!!!!!!!! I freaking LOVE IT!!! You got my 'pre-order' -- right!?!??!!!! How great will this look with my KRINKLES!!!! GIRL, I STILL have those things!!! A WHOLE TREE OF THEM!!!!

Leslee P said...

They look great! Love the colors... You ROCK!

Kristen said...

Those are just darling!!! I wish wish wish I have $50 extra to spend right now...sad for me. But oh happy day to those who will be getting them!

Momofthree said...

Very Kim Wheeler!!! Very cute!!! Love the mod design!!! Can't wait to get my special master piece!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Cute, Cute, Cute!

The Writer Chic said...

You said honest feedback, right? I DO love them -- really. If I could justify the $50 (and if we had time to decorate for Christmas in the midst of our move to TN and painting our new house, blah, blah, blah), I would be purchasing them. BUT. I don't love, in particular, the first "la." I don't know if it's the cursive that's throwing me, or if I feel like it just doesn't POP as much as the other two. I thing the FA is perfect, and I love the brilliant starkness of the white LA, but...can't put my finger on it, but there you go.

If it softens the blow at all, we just picked the paint colors for our new house last night, and as soon as I pick out fabric for our master bedroom, I'm going to order a classic "G." =)

Rachel Spence said...

LOVE them!! I am digging the colors together! I think the lime green is an awesome one to add with your classic red and green Christmas colors. Can't wait to get mine!!

Isaac's Family said...

They are unbelievably perfect! How long do you expect the orders to take you to fill? I would love to be able to enjoy them during the entire Christmas season if possible. They are really great!

joelandbecca said...

So cute! And I never would have guessed Falala...but it is so perfect!

JoAnneBNA said...

I have to say it's no surprise just because you ALWAYS come up with something F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S. Love it. Great work! :)

Megan L Hutchings said...

I really love the colors that you used and I am digging on the polka dots!!!

sauchagirl said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING about them! Love, I mean love!

Anonymous said...

$50

You're joking right!!

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness! I love your art. I came across your blog today and started looking at older blogs. Your "name" art makes me ready to have a baby just so I can get you to do the name for the wall. Haha. You have seriously become a MUST for my future wall decor!

Jenny said...

I think you did a fabulous job. I love the colors, style and whimsy. You rock!

Anonymous said...

I am not an art afficianado by any stretch, but I know what I like. Based on what I have seen so far, I want to see more.

Now, let me tell you what I like about this work. I can put it in one word - "perspective." I know this is a guess, but it seems to me that you think and create "outside the box." To me, that means that you see beyond the obvious and are not afraid to let others in on your unique perspective. Does that make any sense?

I would love to see your perspective on war and humanity. If you dare, read "In Humanity and War," at http://feeds.feedburner.com/buytextuality or contact me at gmail. You may have to scroll down to article which follows "The Game."

Thank you for enlightening me!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! You can tell they're high quality and totally worth the $50. Anonymous gets a Bah Humbug from me!

I'm a new reader thanks to Blogs of Note, but I just realized we're practically neighbors since I'm in Nashville.

Love your cute stuff and your blog!

Danielle said...

these are fantastic!!!! where can i get some?!

twisted sister said...

alright la
from the city of la's
Love it

Amy said...

I happen to like them, Thank you for sharing,

miss said...

new brand

Endlossemester said...

Wow those pieces look great. They are surely a piece of art.
Pity that I life in Germany, otherwise I woul by them.

Unknown said...

WOW....I love these. They are MY KIND OF COLORS! I love the funky, fun, edginess to them. You're very talented!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled upon your blog, and love the upbeat focus it has! Also LOVE your art!!! Congrats on your Blog of Note award!

Blessings,
Lori
www.lorimoon.com

Lisa said...

I checked out your blog since you were the "Blog of Note." :) Your stuff is extremely cute. Keep up the good work. :)

Laura Cook said...

found your blog as the blog of the day and think your line is really cute and reasonably priced. These are the kind of decorations I always want but can't find or attempt to create myself and end up messing it up. Thanks for creating what we dream up but can't quite make happen one way or another!

Unknown said...

I think they are adorable! Handmade art is priceless. Keep up the great work.

Leigh Ann said...

Sooooo stinkin' cute!

Tapan Gupta said...

Beautiful presentation of thoughts and excellent use of aggression in words..

Dizzie Noodle said...

Congratulations on being a blog of note! Your paintings are fun and fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

These are really cute. How fun!

court. said...

They are absolutely precious!! :)

Home Management Group said...

Love them!

ActiveWest Builders said...

Sorry

Betsy said...

OMG!!! I am a newbie to your website (compliments of kelly!) and I want these in my house right now!! Are you still taking orders????

Meg said...

Those are really neat!! I like them!!

Kristen said...

Cute idea! Glad I found your great blog!

Kristen said...

Cute idea! Glad I found your great blog!

Jennifer said...

Just stumbled upon your blog, and I want to let you know I LOVE your paintings!!! The Fa La La is absolutely fantastic, as is the B-O-O! You are so talented and creative! LOVE them!

Wendy said...

Wow... You are doing so great Kim.. proud of you!!

CheriPii said...

that is a very cute idea! congrats on your appearence as one of those "blogger of notes!" those colors are b-utiful!!!

Pagan Flower said...

I just signed up here and found your blog. I find your Fa La La to be beautiful and very unique.

lexicon said...

I'm a noobie and I came across you in blogs of note. I know I'm probably way late to comment on this, but I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with them, good job. :)

Anonymous said...

Love them!

dfelix2010 said...

this is cute!!! =D
i love it!!!

i hope you check out our blog. its similar to this

www.themidnightbunny.blogspot.com