Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Haunted House = B-U-S-T!!!!

Boo hoo!! Here is the deal - it was really taking a lot of effort! Not that I mind giving the effort, because I don't - it's just that I should do one for "me" before I try to bust out with some "awesome something" for somebody else!! It was actually going to be for my sweet and sinister partner - not Rachel. The reason I said "this is for you Rachel" is because she wanted me to show some pictures.

Well, since it didn't quite work out for me with the haunted house - which I will pursue later "for me" - I had to whip out something else! Now, I was already behind as it was - so the pressure was definitely present. Let me just say that this is something that I told you guys I was interested in doing - this situation just lent me the reason to just do it! Now, mind you - this had to be something Black - white - And orange. It was very hard for me to stay within this color range - but I did. And I love how this turned out! Okay, are you ready?? Seriously - this is going to be cute!

Here it comes . . . .






ahhhhh - So, what are you thinking?? Lovin' it{?} - hatin' it{?} - tell me!!! The suspense is killing me!

Yes, these are 5 x 5's. I am going to offer this size on the site. Bad thing is I can't really find the size as cheap as I wanted to - so, I'm going to sell this size for 20 smacks for each individual letter. Now, I will give a discount when you buy more than one - I've just got to work out those details.
I know that Halloween isn't everybody's holiday - but you guys have to tell me what you think?? I'm probably going to bust on myself and tell my partner to check out this post. I just can't wait - I have to tell her - that is why I'm NO GOOD at Christmas!! Or birthdays for that matter!! If it is from me - you are going to either get it early OR I'm just going to come out and tell ya'!! Sorry, just not a secret keeper when it comes to gifts!
I really like painting this size - ALOT! It is one of those instant gratification things - I think? I just start painting - and "poof" - there it is - the end result!
Look at that "baby" spider! If spiders looked like that, I wouldn't smoosh them! I actually hand stitched some shiny ribbon for his legs! And in between each orange dot is a tiny dot of orange glitter {Have I ever told you guys how much I love glitter?} This spider was my husband's fav-O-rite!
So, there you have it - different designs - different fonts - but it all matches just as well! Tell me - is this size good OR bad?? I thought they would be great for the small, neglected walls or sitting on a shelf or nook?!

BTW - Arsty Mama is opening up another sweet and sinister swap - so, if any of you are interested, contact her.

Comments please . . .

37 comments:

pve design said...

I love them, they are boo-tiful!

Momofthree said...

I really like the middle O! Hehe! Seriously, I think they turned out fab-o-lous and am already thinking of a way to convince my husband I need these to add to my halloween decoration!

chesley said...

love them!

JoAnneBNA said...

OMGood Golly Molly!!! I LOVE it!!! F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S. Girl, I think you need to charge more- your stock is WAY up!!! :-)

Jenny said...

I think they're adorable. They would look great on my mantle...hmmm...how can I add these to my halloween collection? My halloween stuff is taking over Christmas decorations.

Jenna said...

Definitely LOVE them!

missy said...

I'm lovin' it!!! these are soooo AWESOME!!! i want some!!!!

joelandbecca said...

I love those! I am agreeing with your husband, I think that O with the spider is my favorite. So cute!

Michelle said...

SO cute! You have such talent!

Melissa Santanastasio said...

halloween is my favorite holiday so I am LOVING IT!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Besides Vance's painting, THIS is my favorite thing you have done by far!!!!

Love the spider!!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are so seriously cute--great job!

Dana D said...

I love them! They look great! I really like the size, too!

Em said...

I still want to see the haunted house, but I LOVE these!!

A New England Life said...

Kim,

You did a great job! I can tell you are pleased as punch too. $20 is very reasonable considering all the work and detail that went into each square. And 5x5 is a great size.

Halloween is never complete without a little glitter ; )

Sharon

Davis Family said...

I L-O-V-E these! I like how they're all different...Halloween is meant to be kooky & crazy like that... the spider web is my fav!

Isaac's Family said...

They are great - super duper cute!

Unknown said...

Love them!

Leslee P said...

love it, love it, love it! I wish I had the money I would totally buy them... You are so talented....

Brandi! said...

Kim – I freakin' love these!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Also love the 5 x 5 size. You definitely need to charge more than 20 bucks for this level of quality.

Rachel Spence said...

LOVE THEM!!! And can I tell ya----even cuter IN PERSON!! Yep got to see them yesterday and they are absolutely adorable and very detailed of course. The stitched spider's legs are the best!

Rachel Spence said...

Oh and since the Haunted House "was" for me and you or I knew it then HEY I'd take whatever you came up with sister! I'm sure I would love it! hee hee

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Hey there--I just found your blog & I love your stuff...SPECIFICALLY THESE! I need them!! :)

Kari said...

This totally rocks. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!
Kari

JoAnneBNA said...

you know you're gonna end up with a gagillion orders for these, including me! too cute!

Brooke Kelly Photography said...

I freakin' love them!! :)

My Beautiful Mess! said...

Capital C-U-T-E!!! Adorable!!! Makes me ready to decorate for Halloween.

Mommy said...

SUPER STINKIN' CUTE! LOVE EM!

Anonymous said...

Well hey Ms. Popular!! I LOVE them!

Jennifer Logan said...

Okay, saw them today and am getting some!! Love them! Can't wait for more upcoming holiday things to choose from, I am such a sucker for this type of cute decor!

Courtney said...

These are awesomely cute! Like the small size very much.

Stephanie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I think they're perfect and you could do something like this for every holiday. Super cute!

Baby Vagabond said...

Just found this post .....I love the BOO paintings. So very cute!

Kim Hancock said...

That is very cute!

Manna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manna said...

WOW, really its amazing drums
i love all of them
i like the boo, fa la la and all of them.
and i wish i can buy one of them :)
and you have an magnificent blog
congratulations ! :D