Saturday, June 21, 2008

The finished cherry blossom painting!!

I must say that I love this one!! And since I've yet to create Miss Em one - I just think it will be looking something such as this . . . .It is to match the Pottery Barn Kids bedding Pink Cherry Blossom Nursery. Like I've said in other post, I can't match it exactly due to copyright {and the fact that I can't paint a straight line!} And just in case you don't want to click the link, here is the bedding . . . .The colors in the bedding are actually louder than what they look in this picture. I really hope Kylie's mommy LOVES it!! It truly is one of my faves!!

And just to prove that I'm not a slacker . . . .
That would be 2 more that I just completed this morning!! Go me!! I normally do not post many of these "classic collections" - because I feel like when you see one you've seen them all - BUT I tried a new "aging" technique and wanted to get some feedback!
The "M" is the new way and the "R" is the old way. Funny thing is the "R" actually looks aged UNTIL I did this new treatment - check out the differences! It looks like the "R" is just painted on ivory paint!! Now I swear they both have the exact everything {duh - except the letter!} But what a gitisimo difference - soooo, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!? I'm really diggin' the new way!! But I'm leaving it all up to you guys - so post the comment!

And I've been meaning to blog about the day I did the post with all my do's in one week. Can I just tell you all that I got so many hits on my stat counter! Uhmmm - Wow - apparently everyone wanted to see what I look like. Then I got a several emails over the past couple of days about me hair!! HA - never in a million years would I had thought people would want to see me and ask sooo many questions about my "fluffy do"! To answer the questions - My hair flips out like that on its own and puffs up at the crown on its own - as long as I have my hair dryer, I can do anything with it {question about the first picture!} - I actually liked that look {even though it is the same do I had when I got married}, but wanted something just a tad bit simpler in the mornings. That do took styling products and when I'm at home, I normally don't put anything in my hair! When it is short, I like to get it cut every 3 weeks - hence it's an expensive up-keep. But, I've noticed I don't get the "grown-out look" when I get the cut at the 3 week marker! It's not thick nor thin and tends to be on the fine side. No, I don't use a razor {that makes my hair feel like straw!} BUT it gets the heck chopped out of it with thinning shears! It has alot of natural body but I still like to use all the volumizing products. I think that answered all the questions AND for the sake of it all . . . . . . . a picture of me right now as I post on the blog!

And thanks everyone for the comments about getting someone to come in and clean my house - the more I thought about, the better it sounds AND Lonnie is totally game! Now, I have to budget it in some how! hehe

9 comments:

My Beautiful Mess! said...

Love the finished paiting - what a beautiful addition to the nursery!

My vote is for the new way - love the look of it. Again - you are an amazing talent! And WOW you have got lots done today - makes me feel really bad for not doing much of anything!! lol.

I am so excited to here that I was not the only crazy who asked about your adorable hair!! You already know what I did ( I will post a picture tomorrow). I LOVE it already and if folks ask I will tell them it's "The Kim"!!

Happy rest of your weekend!

Anonymous said...

I actually "gasped" out loud when I pulled up the blog...I absolutely love that painting and the new aging technique. love, love, love it!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the aging technique... It totally changes the entire look, did I mention LOVE it!? The Cherry Blossom painting is amazing! It's also my favorite smell at Bath and Body Works... hahaha... The hair is way cute! I have been toying around with chopping mine off, but it's past my shoulders, so I end up chickening out, because it takes so long to grow out! ~ Jen

Anonymous said...

You such great work! Really! :) I think it turned out beautifully! :)

Scary Mommy said...

That is gorgeous!!! It's only a matter of time before PBK steals you away to design for them!

Allison said...

Your work is beautiful! And hey, thanks for giving me a new bedding set to obsess about! Tick tock--I only have 7 weeks left to make up my mind about crib bedding!!! Cut my hair too--pop on over to my blog to check out the 8 inches I chopped!

Lettered Cottage said...

Love your blog girl!!!

:-)

Layla

Stephanie said...

I prefer the new aging technique. It really looks aged! And the painting turned out beautiful!

Leslee P said...

if i ever have a little girl. I want one jus tlike Kylie's with the cherry blossoms.... love it.... maybe one day, i will get my little girl....