Saturday, March 8, 2008

I think I'm just cRaZy. . . .

I mean seriously, I've got 15 days till this new baby comes and I'm NOWHERE near ready!!! Let me just explain . . . .

I have an unfinished chest that was recently purchased for Emsley's room. Unfinished people = has to be finished!!! I really want to paint it pink with just a little of distressing, not much, just a little.

I have a mirror that needs to be repainted to go over the dresser - it too in a lovely shade of pink.

I have a curtain panel that needs some attention!! The first one took me no time, so I have no idea WHY I haven't started the other one!!

Not to mention the fact of all the "stuff" that needs to be shuffled around in the room!!

Okay - the butt kicker - I have 2 cribs. Currently the twins are in them. Lonnie is making 2 twin beds to match the one he made Hudson {since they are all in the same room.} Have we even started on them - NO!!! Do I even think that the boys are ready for them - NO!!! So, what's a girl to do?? I mean, the cribs in great shape. Maybe I should use a pack-n-play for a month or so. That will give us time to get the other beds built and get the twins use to them.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Yes, that was the original idea - but I'm Kim Tate - NOWAY am I making my last child sleep in a portable bed!!! Ain't happenin' people!! So, what do I do?? I'll tell ya' what I've done . . . I went out and bought another crib . . . that's what I've done!! Now, if it was a new crib in perfect condition - hey we would be okay. But folks - the budget isn't allowing a new crib!!! Yes, my friends I found a "gently" used one at a consignment sale. Sad part - I was looking at it for Lonnie's cousin who is expecting. Lonnie is the silly fool that suggested we buy it for us!!! Okay, so maybe he is a little cookoo as well!! Did he think I would leave it as is? Like I said "gently" used - yeah it needs alot of work!!!

Can we say "pink" work!!!! I never thought I would want pink furniture. But after 3 boys, Oh pink is looking Fan-ta-bu-lous!!! So, what are we doing this weekend - bustin' our bee-hinds to get this room together!!! And I do mean bustin'!! We might just see what the Wheelers are really made of.



Oh and did I mention that we never finished our taxes the other night!!! I soooo have to get that done - like yesterday!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol Kim. I bought a crib for little Brian at a yard sale for $10! It was refinished for him but the little beaver chewed chunks of the wood off before he was 2 and we had no choice but to put him in a toddler bed!

Melissa Santanastasio said...

If nothing else take comfort in knowing that pink i a fabulous color choice

Natalie said...

Do you have a crib MATTRESS??

Mommy said...

Ummm...I think you are crazy too...sorry...but you need to shorten that to do list.

Anonymous said...

Ok that IS cute!!! Yeah and its not like in the back of your head somewhere you weren't thinking this girl's GOT to have a crib...I know you were...I know you. And to Natalie's point about a mattress--can't remember if you do have one from somewhere but we have that one mama used all yours if you want sister! We'll talk...