Monday, November 30, 2009

For the love of glitter . . .

I've always admitted that my main fear of paint is the "whatisitphobia." I know you know what I'm talking about. It normally lies in the domain of your children's art. But as an artist, it stretches into my own sometimes.


I love getting some ingenious idea and then try to put it on canvas.


Sometimes it works. And sometimes . . . well, let's not talk about those times.


I asked Hudson what he thought these paintings were. Either he sees them as I do OR he just might be a mind reader.


I actually started on them LAST year!


All year, they have been hanging on my wall in my little studio. And the only thing they needed was a small touch of glitter {by request!}


Tell me you see 2 ornaments hanging from a tree!

16 comments:

Mommy said...

Yep, that's what I see. Cute.

Candice@Made With Love said...

I see them...and love the glitter! Great finishing touch! :)

Kelli @ RTSM said...

They are cute...and I love the glitter! I made my boys some Christmas shirts with ornaments and rickrack for the string...and my hubby said they kind of looked like bombs! I thought they were cute anyway!

Kodi said...

Exactly what I see! Love them!

Rach said...

They are very cute! I like em' and nope never saw them last year. Slacker...... LOL!!

shabby girl said...

Kim, that is sooo darned cute! Yeah girl, it works!

Lauren said...

These are fantastic! I love the touch of glitter! I've always wanted to paint a big Christmas piece...but yours would way put mine to shame! It's amazing!

Allison said...

Yes I do!!!!

Sandy Toes @ Shell in your Pocket said...

Your talent amazes me!
sandy toe

A Southern Accent said...

I see two beautiful ornaments hanging from a tree! Love them!

Paige said...

What a beautiful painting! And yes, I do see two ornaments hanging from the tree! : )

My Beautiful Mess! said...

Love it!!!

Mistress said...

Great work!!! Exactly what I see!

HouseMama said...

I totally see two ornaments. And....I see the cutest Fa La La's on my shelf!!! I'm so excited to have them this year. Thanks again so much!

Amy said...

Definitely! They are fantastic.. I love the glitter punch.

joanne said...

How cute!