Sunday, October 26, 2008

hayden . . .


So many of you guys give me the best information to go from - bedding, brand of the bedding, links to bedding, paint colors and brands, pictures of the rooms, etc. . . . .

Then, sometimes I get the dreaded - "I only know that the colors are {insert color here}" - but I totally get it! Trust me, I love giving my art as a gift as well! But my stomach drops when I can't get the exact description of bedding. The only reason I'm afraid to do art with vague description of the decor, is no matter how good/great the art looks - if it doesn't match, it's just not going to work!

Well, this is one of those times folks! My dear friend, Joanne, only knew the wall color {chocolate brown} and the bedding was a muted pink with creamy colored dots and trees! I don't even remember how she put the overall style - I just know that the painting pictured fits that description {or at least in my mind}. Now, she has so much faith in me - she actually said, "I know it will look good - just do what you do."

Okay, so now my anxiety level is high as I await the final result of this coordination.


This is actually my second attempt at this piece. The first one was just a hot mess. The "muted pink" had a lavender tint to it and the border I originally tried - uhmmmm, yeah . . . all I can say is "oh my!" Trust me people, it wasn't pretty.


My husband informed me that this is his favorite one I've ever done - very much his style. I do like this one a lot. And I really like the way the font looks! I'm slowly getting better at this! I know you all are rolling your eyes right now - but seriously, I have a standard and I'm almost there!

I will let you guys know the end result with the "hayden" . . . .

9 comments:

joanne said...

Love This!!! Will keep you posted!
THANK YOU :)

Hillcrest Acres said...

I love this one. I love the simplicity of it...the soft background with simple lettering...perfection!!!!

Tutta la Storia said...

I love the "hot mess" description. Totally cracked me up. This piece is lovely!

Kimberly said...

That font is pretty awesome!

Leigh Ann said...

Just gorgeous. LOVE that font!

Shady Lady! said...

I agree - I think this is my favorite. Makes me wish I did the pink-brown-white instead of the green-pink-white for Claire's room.

And discussing attractive font letters, let me tell you the "J" I married into and have given my kids seems the most boring, shapeless of all the alphabet.

I have a GCJ and a CEJ, so I am trying to make up for the J with the other initials.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I really like the color combination ;)!

Krista Lee said...

LOVE it!

Stephanie said...

I love this color combination!