Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Friday??

Has it really been since last Friday since I posted??? CraZy! Well, I'm officially 5 canvases behind schedule! So, since I have several that need to be out of here ASAP, I'm going to have to shuffle a few around!! Those who are expecting yours at a specific date - I promise you will get them. I pinky-swear! These kids of mine are not cooperating here lately and to beat that, 3 of them had a cold this weekend! Ugghh. . . . I took the worst one to the doctor yesterday to get the "go" for school today. I mean, I didn't want them to miss a day if they were not contagious?! They are all acting fine - they just have a cough. Let's all pray {and hope} they don't call me and ask me to pick them up!

The flamingo officially has a crown! Actually it's a short stumpy crown {somewhat like a tiara} - of course I'm looking at it now, thinking I should have done a tiny, tall - skinny crown {does that make any since??} She also is sporting just a smidge of glitter on those chicken legs. And I'm still debating about the pearls!? The comments on the name were HYS-terical!!! When I post her finished - I'll post the name! hehe

I've literally been painting constantly. So much, that I've not went to anybody's blog in about a week! I did start visiting some this morning, but then Em woke up and that ended all computer time!

{this next paragraph is for those who think I have it all together!}

And why was I visiting blogs when I have soooo much to do? Someone answer that please! Let me just break it down like this . . . . Hudson had a leaf in his backpack. I was suppose to attach a family picture {or pictures} to this joker. The kids in his class are making a "family tree" and they needed everybody's leaves to complete the tree. This should be easy, right?? Who are we fooling?? That thing was due LAST Thursday, people! And here it is Tuesday morning! At 8:15 I'm printing out pictures of everybody {individually} because we have never had a family picture taken - ever! Again, printing them out on regular ol' paper because I never develop pictures either! I load all the babes in the grocery-getter {by 8:30} with backpacks, lunch boxes, scissors and a glue stick {just to mention a few things!!!} And can I tell you that I was cutting out our heads while driving down the road!! Not only did I cut us out - I glued us on that leaf! And wrote all of our names on the back! Can I get pulled over for that? Probably - I think that is worse than texting {which you will all be happy to know I don't do!} Now, Hudson thought this leaf was too funny and really wanted to carry it into school when he saw it! Praise God! He, thankfully, transitioned great into his classroom this morning {with leaf in tow} - Carson & Lawson, not so much! They cried the entire time I stood outside their classroom! My guess is they are probably still crying {or at least Lawson!}

This is really starting to bug me! I know those teachers probably hate to see us coming and frankly, I've started dreading this as well. But I know that I'm not doing any of my kids any favors by NOT taking them, so somehow I will just struggle through this. I know it could be alot worse, so I need to quite whining!Ugghh! Prayer list please!! We need to be on top of that joker! You don't have to even use our last names, God knows us! Just say, "Hudson, Carson and Lawson" and he will be "Oh the Wheelers again!" Yeah, that's pitiful - I know!

Well, I have a couple of things to do before I pick the natives up - I'm glad I found the time to blog - maybe tonight I will find the time to visit all of you!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm cracking up at the thought of you cutting, gluing heads to a leaf while driving.

Don't give up on school - it takes time. Have you read the Kissing Hand with them? It's a great story of a little raccoon who's started school and his mom gives him a kiss on his hand to remind him that she loves him & is thinking of him even when she's not around. Or maybe there's a small comfort item from home they can take to school with them. This worked with my daughter when she first started preschool. She ended up not needing her "blankie" after a month.

Leslee P said...

bless your heart. i know that is a totally southern lady thing to say, but that is all i could think of when i read your post.... hope your day gets better....
yes, that is worse than texting, but so is reaching into the backseat trying to retrieve a missing motorcycle for a screaming 2 year old. i swear, I am all over that road.... at least you amde it there safely!

Susan said...

You are so funny I love reading your blog.

Swan Family said...

You always make me laugh! I can't wait to see the canvas!

Holli said...

Girl....you are not right! When I need a good laugh, I just sign into "endless possiblities"!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Hang in there Kim ;)! Frankly, I don't know how you do it all, but you do. Wait...I do...while driving! I don't think it is crazy at all just one more way you show unconditional love to your family and determination to get things done ;)

Rachel Spence said...

Can't wait to see that flamingo----oh and none of the story surprised me {besides the fact that I had heard it already...lol!} The boys are going to be fine just give them time to adjust.....this too shall pass as they say. Let Go and Let God sister! =)

Leigh Ann said...

You crack me up! First of all, I am loving the flamingo and her legs. It is precious! I want to see her when she is finished. I love it!

I am so glad you shared your school story and how thankful I am to know that you are like me!! :) It is nice to know those moms like you who I consider having it all together have days like me sometimes. That SO sounded like something that would go down here at the Horton household! I think I am busier while I'm driving than when I'm at home. Not a good thing. Wait...that may explain the ticket I got yesterday morning on the way to school..Ugh!