Sunday, May 25, 2008

One more down . . .

Yes, I'm on a roll!! And yes, I really dig this green, corduroy chair . . . that is why you have seen it in the last two posts! Amazingly enough, it was a freebie that a friend gave me. I found the fabric for a steal {something like 7 bucks a yard} and had it reupholstered for something cheap and I now have the best chair in town! Funny thing, now I see this fabric on chairs everywhere - but I swear it was an original idea when I did it!!
This painting was originally done to match someone's bedding {the Simpatico Collection} - but I've really sold several more since the launch of the "new site". Soooo I think I might be putting this one in the same collection as the painting in the last post. And I think I might add this one as well. It too, was created to match specific bedding - but I've had some more request for the similar design. Here is another picture that is a little better. Now it is time to get some better pictures of them in their own collection posted on the site!

Soooo for whatever reason, my children have really been cooperating with me and I've been getting some painting done around here! I'm actually almost complete with 2 more 12 x 24's!! Of course it helps when Lonnie is at home and can entertain the kiddos for me! I personally hate going outside and I'm sure you all know that boys love it. So, he takes them out constantly throughout the day. That is a major help!

Well, I've got to go - the eight loads of laundry are screaming for me. I've got to start all my meals for the week. And the dishwasher buzzer just went off. Good grief - I'm really surprised I get anything done around here!

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day - and please remember all our heroes.

2 comments:

Chris Kauffman said...

I always love your paintings, but hey that chair is so adorable, I could use one of those , love the fabric. I am such a chair junkie.

Allison said...

OK--so I am just under three months away from Ella's arrival, and I have yet to place an order with you. Honestly, it is becuase I am still struggling with my choice of nursery bedding. Have to say, that this pic you posted today would go great with the PBK Emily line of crib bedding, which is at the top of my list. Hmmm . . .