Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Look what I was awarded . . .



the Arte Y Pico Award!!!!


Thank you to Inis - she even said that I am a "great writer" - how sweet! I honestly have NEVER thought of myself as a great writer. Although I did comp out of two composition classes in college. The first class I wrote a 1200 word essay over "how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" - the instructor was Fabulous and said that if I could come up with 1200 words over something "so simple", I really didn't need her class! It really was a good paper!

The second class was just plain Weird! Basically the entire class was over the movie, novel and anything else he could scratch up about Deliverance. And yes, I'm talking about the movie with the infamous line, . . ."make you squeal like a pig." - Ewww, gross. But this is the instructor that always wore Tevas with black socks. seriously, that entire semester was about Deliverance!! He, too, asked me to leave as long as I was happy with the "A" he was giving me after the first essay. "Happy??? Heck yeah! Why would I NOT be?" I asked him. His reply was because it wasn't an "A+" - but he followed it with he "doesn't give A+ anyways" . . . . "he could always find something wrong" . . . "there was no such thing as a perfect paper" . . . blah, blah. He was a real winner {in a very sarcastic tone.} I didn't want to offend him, but an "A" was an "A" and I was taking it!!

But that was also 500 hundred years ago and I really don't think I could right a 3 point essay! And frankly, don't want to! Besides, I use horrible grammar with tons of slang! I'd guess I'm writing on a 3rd grade level! But who cares, because you all passed the 3rd grade . . . right? That means you can read what I'm trying to say! HA!

Have a great day!


2 comments:

A Lovely Thing said...

So ... how DO you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? ;)

You're very welcome for the award. It is very deserved!

Unknown said...

You go girl! You are too funny!