Thursday, December 13, 2007

Wheww. . . .

So far, this month has flown by!! Glad to know that all the Christmas shopping is done, wrapped and sitting pretty under my tree!! But I'm concerned that I'm too tired lately - I'm really thinking my iron is low - I so need to call the doctor! Not only that, I think that my diabetic state has kicked in!! Seems my body just can't regulate mine and my kid's sugar when I'm pregnant - every time I'm pregnant!! I eat really good, but I top off every meal with something sweet!! Literally, every meal!! So, gestational diabetes is sooo hard on me, my willpower, my sanity and anyone around me!! I was thinking about pushing them to go ahead and do the blood work, BUT I think I might hold out for as long as I can - ESPECIALLY since I know what it is going to say!! Last time, I was lucky {if you want to call it that} I only checked my blood for 3 days and my water broke!! Thinking back on it, THAT is probably what made my water break at 34 weeks!! It would take me about 20 to 30 minutes to prick my finger!! How do people do that?? My blood pressure goes up just thinking about it!!

Back to the happenin's around here - I've been sooo busy with paintings. I think I've done 42 paintings just for the holiday season this year!!! There are alot of folks getting a "small words something" this year for Christmas {and none of them from ME!!} I still have orders coming in. Just today, I had 4 more people email me and ask if it is too late for Christmas orders - AND no its not!! I'm still pumping at high speed and getting them out in about 3 days!! I'm actually shipping out 6 packages tomorrow!! Love it!! So, folks keep them coming!!

I'm also working on the new website!! I'm sooo excited for all to see - I'm actually embarrassed for you all to look at my current one. I've only had it for less than a year and it seems out dated!! The next one is going to be great!!!

Speaking of site - I'm also working up new samples that will be going on it!! Now that has been a challenge!! Since I've done soooo much & soooo many, I'm trying to narrow down the best color options with each of my favorite designs {and a couple of new ones} so that I can get "PRO-fessional" pictures taken - don't that sound like something?? So, if anyone has any ideas with my color di-alema, please let me know!

There has been so much going on that I wanted to explain just in case there are a few out there that's wondering what happened to me and why you have not heard from me - {Nat & Jenn, I swear you two are on my list to call!!} I'm still alive, somewhat drowning but I'm a really good swimmer!! And with this GINORMOUS belly - I probably float well too!! Talking about a body that has a memory!! I've always heard you show quicker with each pregnancy because the "body has memory" - well I wish my body remembered someone else's pregnancy, because I'm carrying one kidlet but this body looks like it is carrying two, again!! I haven't gained all that much weight, but I sure feel like I'm carrying around an extra 52 lbs!!!

Well, it is 1 in the morning and I feel the need for something sweet - hehe!! So, I will end my post here . . . I do hope everyone is having a great holiday season and truly enjoy all the happenins' around your house!! 'Tis the Season!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

42 paintings... and no blog peeks??? Whassup with that? J/K!

Hope you start feeling more like yourself soon - take care!

PS - can't wait to see the new site!

Wendy said...

Oh Kim.. You are so cute pregnant. You are not too big. BUT go get your iron checked! Tomorrow. Do it Tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are one busy mama! Cant wait to see the new site!

Hillcrest Acres said...

I'm with Courtney. We want "blog peeks" at your adorable paintings.

Free Art Printables said...

I love your stuff. Your website is really nice too. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had GD too with 2 out of my 3. I ate a lot of cheese.
Jen R