Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sniffing fumes . . .

That sounds bad!

But I am! Please, let me explain.


Everyone remember the new-old coffee table from none other than Craigs List?? Well, here she is - at the half-way point. Honestly, I sanded way too much. Really wasn't my intention. And the color is pretty, but doesn't fit into my decor. It really has a "beachy" look in this picture - don't you think? I had no intention of leaving it like this anyways . . . . . soooo, the stain is drying as we speak {and my house stinks!!} Once dry, I might re-paint and start over. I don't know - we'll see. The thing is, I'm only working on it during Big Love AND Lost - Because I can't just watch TV. I have to be doing something! I did say I'm only working on it during my 2 shows, yet I said that I just stained it - and neither of my shows were on. I rubbed stain on {and off} during a conversation with my husband. I couldn't help it - the ADHD just took over! I asked him if it was bothering him and he said no. So, I kept going and actually finished BEFORE he stopped talking! I'll show you a picture in the next few days - whether I decide to keep it like this or not. {I just need to see it in the sunny, daylight before I make anymore decisions as to what to do.}

So tell me, how funny is this . . .

Abraham Lincoln {formerly known as Hudson}

"What up Abe!?"

The fact that he actually tried it on is very shocking! I mean, this is Hudson - underwear boy! {Notice the lack of clothing?} It's amazing that he remains dressed in public! And the beard?!?! I'm surprise that didn't put him over the edge!

This boy has come a long, long way!

3 comments:

Isaac's Family said...

It looks GOOD Kim! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Chris Kauffman said...

Ohh I love it , send it ym way please it would fit right in here.

Renée T. Habashy said...

Adorable picture of Hudson! And as for the table, I agree- it's a little beachy looking. I'll look forward to seeing it in its finished state.

http://reneetbouchard.blogspot.com