Wednesday, October 28, 2009

One of the biggest mistakes of 2009!

And I did say "one" - I've made several this year. Some I've blogged about and some I've . . , well, . . . just kept to myself. Who likes to talk about what they did wrong!?!?! Especially when YOU can't fix it!


Well, let me tell you about this one! Oh what a doozy! Do you see it??! Above! Look at it! Don't you see it!?

Okay, maybe this will help . . .


You see don't you?! Really big isn't it?! I mean come on! How in the heck did I get confused! It was clearly typed out on the order form! CLEARLY!

Uh, the bad part . . . I didn't catch it! That's right people!! Bradyn and Austin's mom did!!! In Minnesota! I'm in Tennessee. Not quite the "Hey Kim, noticed a tiny mistake - do you mind coming over in a few and changing it up for me?"


I normally track every delivery that goes out my door. So, I knew the exact moment she received her paintings. I wasn't the bit least surprised the moment I saw I had an email from her. It was a wonderfully written email - had words that I love to hear "love the paintings" "they match perfect" "thank you so much" . . etc. And then I read the "but . . ." and it was this kinda moment . . .



{I even heard that music, too!}

Obviously I painted another one. I had to place the "and" in a different spot because the "y" got in the way if I were to have painted it like the original canvas.

The new one is merrily on his way home . . . to Minnesota. {Jess, you should get it later today!}

If anyone knows a "Brayden and Austin" that share a room that also happens to be decorated in navy, blues, reds and some browns . . . there is a perfect painting for them . . . in Minnesota!

And just so you know I have been working . . .


A little sneaky peeky! {I know how you guys love these!}

Thank you all so much for such kind words and all the prayers. It means so much. Each one was felt! You guys really are the best!

6 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

We all make mistakes...so no worries :)!

I love the pic of Emsley in pigtails :)!

Liz said...

i have been 'creeping' on your blog for some time now and i love your work. don't worry about this one...we're only human. i would love to have something from you when i have my next baby. when? who knows but i will keep you on my list!! thanks for such a great blog!

Anonymous said...

The boys want me to hang both of them. They don't care about the name mishap! :)

Unknown said...

Love the paintings.. even with the mishap! Thanks for being real with us and in your work!

Meagan said...

Well... everyone makes mistakes! At least yours a really cute and oftentimes reusable! :-)

Naria & Ken said...

I didn't notice the mistake at first either! They look great anyway (even if there was teeny mistake). I enjoy seeing all of your creative ideas and posts!