Monday, December 22, 2008

Guess what people??

I'm through . . . . with all the Christmas orders!! Whoo-hoo!!! Couldn't be more excited!


{notice the clear table - notice I didn't say "clean" - I need to do that next! Looking at this picture, I wonder how in the world I work on it?}

Okay, well maybe I could be more excited {and I will, once all my Christmas shopping is done, wrapped and under the tree!} That's right folks - I'm not finished shopping!! I've completed the kids stuff - which was my main goal. For those who were not reading last Christmas, I will break it down for you . . . . 3 wise men gave 3 gifts - I'm not that wise or that old, nor do I consider my kids Jesus - BUT we only give 3 gifts to each kid - that's it, no more than that - I refer to it as "the reason." Now, Santa brings 1 gift for each kid - which is normally the big one - Hudson is getting drums, Carson a race car track, Lawson an easel with all the goodies that go along with it and Emsley a ball popper {that was originally $40 marked down to $15, that I had a $5 dollar off coupon for and a $10 gift card from a previous purchase - that's right Santa got it FREE!} Santa is definitely a woman - which is another post for another time! I mean, seriously - with 4 kids, 3 gifts each + Santa's 4 gifts = that is alot of toys!! And the fact that they are all so close in age - that's right, the jackpot has been hit here at the Wheeler house! So, stockings are another story . . . . Santa has not figured out how to fit it all in that little piece of fabric, so her theory is "as long as it fits on the mantel - it's considered a stocking stuffer!" Man, she is brilliant!

Well, I'm sure you want to see some of the stuff that has been shipped out!




So, what are you all thinking about these?? I'm thinking of making a new line with this style in it - to go along with the "classic collection" - I've had several people who need something just a little different than the classy look - and this has that fun twist that I like to paint! Just a thought?! These are on 5x5's - which I would offer - but also on an 8x10! The "C" would look fantastic as an 8x10 with a fat/chunky frame around it!! I actually did these for the boys' teachers at MDO. I was testing out the reactions - those 4 seemed great!


As was the last several pictures that I've taken, these are not going to do the canvas justice . . . . We really had gloomy, rainy days for 2 weeks! It throws the color so off when I try to take pictures! This 12x24 turned out great! Check out the bedroom here . . . .


Now that is what I call "a girl's room!" Love it! {Sorry, it took me so long to post it!}

And look who else made her way back for a visit! In a more petite form {8x10} - she is just too fun to paint! Maryann, YOU better call as soon as you get a response!}


Again - a major apology for the lighting! More 5x5's - seeing a major pattern with this size! And I must also apology for the wait on the pictures!


I even made a few 5x5's from the classic collection!

How redneck - that was the "drying station" - I was literally setting them in front of a heater to dry them quicker so that I could move on to the next step!!!

I have so many gifts to wrap - my poor tree! Nothing looks sadder than a tree with no gifts under it! I've got to get busy!

16 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING FINISHED WITH PHASE 1 ;)!

You look so beautiful in your pic...glowing from relief ;)! I hope the week is Merry!!!

Jenna said...

Congrats on finishing! You go girl!!! I love that picture of you - you can just the HAPPINESS!! And I love all the paintings (as usual!). The new look of the classic collection ones are FABULOUS - The "C" on the red speaking to my soul! :-)

Ya'll have a very Merry Christmas, my friend!

Danine said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! I'm beyond jealous of your wonderful talent (and of course your beauty!) BUT I'm not jealous of the task of the gift wrapping you've yet to accomplish..hehe. Stumbled across your blog and I'm loving it.

BTW do you ever do stuff for charity for a donation or a price cut?

Jessica said...

Everything looks GREAT! Congratulations on being D-O-N-E! How exciting! I hope that you & your family have a very Merry Christmas & hopefully now you can enjoy the holidays!

Anonymous said...

I love the painting!!!!! I was so excited, it looks so awesome. I can't wait to see Paula's face and to see it in Annelise's nursery. You rock! I was so happy to see ya'll! It felt like old times again even though it wasn't for long. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and get some rest--you deserve it!

~Thanks for doing a great job!

Wendy said...

Every time I read your blog I stare at it in Awww... You are just amazing!

sandee jones said...

definitely LOVE the new style. very nice!

Mrs. Frogster said...

THat is too funny - we do the three wisemen gift thing too. And the one from Santa! Each kid gets one practical gift, one thing that they REALLY want, and one to be enjoyed by everyone. (i.e., a board game). It works out pretty well for us..
And great job on all your orders - they look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I cannot believe you managed to get it all done! How in the world do you function on so little sleep? :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Thank you so much! I love the canvas for Georgia-Kate's Room! It is perfect. I can't wait to hang it. Merry Christmas.

pdw said...

Thanks Kim...I love the flamingo!We have just the spot for it in Annelise's room! You da Bomb!
Merry Christmas!
Paula

I Have Been Blessed said...

LOVING your work and stalking your blog from south clarksville, tn....will be emailing you very shortly with some work I would love to have done...I just recently fell and had surgery on my knee so I'm trying to get thru the holidays....but all I can think about at this very moment is getting a "classic "G" " on my wall to begin with....oh, and I have so many other ideas.....are you in Nashville? I love your blog and your special needs children. My oldest is special needs (epilepsy and mentally handicapped) and we adopted twins who have special needs....we do the therapy runs like you do. You are truly an inspiration!!! God Bless....will be emailing you at the turn of the new year! Lori Graham, dlgraham1298@charter.net...LOVE YOUR WORK!

Geri said...

Love the blocks and your work. It's fantastic!

Swan Family said...

Hi Kim!! I hope you and the family had a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

just saw your comment at the Nester's about Blissdom...yea, it will be so fun to put names/faces together IRL. I heard sweet things from Emily and the N. when they met you last time. :)Fun, Fun!!

The Runyans said...

you've got a super cute blog. . .

just found you from the nester!