Thursday, October 9, 2008

Have you been wondering where I've been?

Yeah, me too! All I can say is that I've been really busy. Busy doing what, you ask? I have absolutely NO IDEA!? I've just been busy. I'm officially home alone {with all my kids} for the next-many days. I just hope I survive. It's an absolute wonder that I do when Lonnie is gone. I don't have a clue as to why - he is a man, and well, ladies - I'm sure you know, you know how much he "really" does around here with the kids. NOW, I'm not being mean or putting him down in anyway - I'm just keeping it real and him in check. You see, when he comes home - his "job" is done for the day. He can now be the fun-time dad. Me, my job is never done - I'm just mean-time mom - 24 hours a day. Me, mean - all the time - to my kids {and anybody else's kids that come over for that matter!}

Apparently, I need to be meaner - Hudson is still screaming - even with the vinegar trick. Tomorrow, I'm not going to get on to him at all and I'm going to see if he will quickly get over the screaming. Maybe when he sees "I don't care", he will just stop. Ahhh, yeah right!

Anyhoodle - you know I had to bring it up. Only because I brought up the VP debate. But this is it people, I'm not going to talk about this mess anymore after this post - only because I'm sick to death of the drama! But let us start here - When you are asked a question, you answer it, then you quickly follow it up with the " . . because . . . . " {or the "why" - call it whatever you want.} Both candidates would give there "because" first, then get to going on the "because" {you know, the reason for their answer} {even though they had yet to give an answer} and then they would forget to answer! Ridiculous! I'm afraid that I gave up after the first several questions and turned it off. I know it's a debate - but DEBATE. I'm just waiting for one of them to say, "Oh yeah, your momma's so fat, . . . ." - so because I turned off the tv, I have no real opinion on the matter and have decided I will not watch the last debate.

But that is it - no more. I can't stand myself when I start to think or talk about it.

I was tagged this week and here goes . . . .

  • Link to the person who tagged you - Allison

  • Post the rules on your blog

  • Write six random things about yourself

  • Tag six-ish people at the end of your post

  • Let each person know he/she has been tagged

  • Let the tagger know when your entry is up

As most of you know, I don't tag others - only because I would be super embarrassed if they didn't follow along! So, if anybody feels inclined to do this - please, by all means - DO!

So, 6 random things . . . .

1. I write the exact way I talk. Except when I talk, you would hear a VERY strong accent - a Tennessee accent. I really should do a video post - ha!

2. Almost every single stitch of clothing I own has paint on it.

3. I don't believe in taking vacations without my children {atleast until they are married!}

4. I'm sick and tired of people asking me when they see I have 4 kids 3 years of age and under, "do you know what causes that?" These are some of my responses, "No, I don't know what causes kids - do you care to explain?" "When is it your business about my sex life?" "Do you help support any of my kids? When you do, feel free to ask that question." "We wanted 4 kids. Is that okay with you?" "We were using birth control." and my all-time-favorite, "It's President Bush's fault." cha-cha-ching! {sorry, couldn't help myself!}

5. I love the fall - but it's because of the anticipation of the holidays. I love that feeling the cooler weather invokes.

6. I live for the few moments throughout the day when all 4 of my kids are happy - really happy - nobody is crying - when I can actually hear a few giggles - that's when I know that I'm doing something right. And trust me when I say "the few moments"!

18 comments:

Em said...

I was interviewed by my local paper on Palin and I had to stop looking at the online comments about the article because people were getting so mean... YOU GO GIRL for speaking your mind AND putting it here for all these people to comment! I love fall too, it makes me think of traditions and family and I too cherish the times when my kids are not beating each other up... as for the number of kids... I am currently cooking #3 and there is a 5 year gap between this one and my last - I still get the same comments as you. Some people have no clue on how to be a human being! I just say they are jealous ;)

Julie said...

I will pray for you while your hubby is away. I only have 2 kiddos but my husband will be back in the States support raising for 2 weeks in November, so I will alone in Hungary without him. And I am already praying that I won't loose my mind! Hang in there and have fun painting!!!

Kimberly @ Seriously Daisies said...

I have missed you! You totally crack me up and I get sad when there is no new Kim news on your blog EVERY day... seriously, I know I'm pathetic. So, anywho, fall is awesome, and I did just come to this conclusion the other day, for all the same reasons, it does invoke warm and cozy feelings. I wish I had a little kidlet, the doctor won't let me try again until December, ughh. I know I should just enjoy my "quiet" life right now. I'm trying.

Oh, and as for the accent thing, isn't it weird how we get surprised by peoples accents? (maybe it's just me?!) I did the other day when watching a Becky Higgins video for the first time, I've known her scrapbooking for years, but never ever knew her voice, and was shocked when I heard it, LOL.....

Anywaaays, I'm gonna end this novel on YOUR blog, hehehe. SO bye!

Kim Hancock said...

That is so funny you said something about doing a video post because I've been thinking of doing the same thing. I never like myself in pictures or videos...so it may take me a while to work up to it :0)

And both our kids...Bush's fault!!! Oh...wait...he wasn't president when I had Courtney. I love it when people make comments about kids. My favorite is...you're too young to have a child in middle school...when did you start having kids?

I'm calling Vikki this morning about her blog. She had the cutest post...it was hysterical! I looked last night to see what comments people had made about it and...I could not!!! I think she was having some snoopy family issues. Anyway, I'll tell her to email you :0)

Allison said...

What a great post! Thanks for playing--and look at all of these GREAT comments! I love Fall too--and I would like to see a video post!

Mommy said...

Yes, we're all thinking you are lost in pirate land getting ready for that party. As far as the four kids comment, I would go for the "No, I don't know what causes kids - do you care to explain?" That will make them keep their mouths shut.

"As most of you know, I don't tag others - only because I would be super embarrassed if they didn't follow along!"

Hmmmm...shall I remind you about 8-27-08?

Jerilynn said...

Kim, Thanks for visiting my blog Ü I am the one that yearbooked herself! LOL The funny thing is that I laughed when I saw your picture because after visiting your blog yesterday - I've been telling myself that I needed to print off the picture of your new haircut and take it to my hairdresser! We could start a new project called Blog yourself.
By the way you do amazing work - I enjoy visiting your site.

joelandbecca said...

I am so done with the election. I watched part of the debate, but the just called my friend. I still can't believe that these are my choices for President.

I just love southern accents, the little drawl that my husband has is one of the things that I find so charming! I am glad you write how you talk....it makes me feel like I know you. I am sure that makes you so happy!

Anonymous said...

Girl, You crack me up! I soo miss living next door to you. I wish I could afford to buy a house in your neighborhood, I would do it in a heartbeat! Chris and I are going start trying for a baby in the spring! Fun times! :) hehe. I also love the fall because it is sweatshirt weather!

Davis Family said...

I love your answers....they're ALL so me! Except I have a heavy Texas accent and instead of paint you can find thread and fabric scraps all over me! Having kids so close is hard and to some I guess just plain crazy, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Jenny said...

You're too funny. I live for those moments too - as few as they are. They always brighten my day.

What's the vinegar trick?

Swan Family said...

Glad to hear you're doing well! I will say a prayer for you while the hubby is gone! Just want to let you know you're doing a great job with your business and the kiddos!

Natalie said...

The next time someone says 'You know what causes that?' say "Yes, and we're just not willing to give it up" -- you might be now though. I heard a pastor that has 6 kids say that in response to the VERY question someone asked him and I nearly fell out -- so funny!

I met a girl the other day and I had to ask her where she was from -- she had the sweetest accent -- and she sounded JUST LIKE YOU!

My Beautiful Mess! said...

Oh girl!! Sounds like it has been crazy up there in the Wheeler household. It has been nuts here too - it appears I lost my mind and somehow managed to mark my blog private for a few days??!! I did not even know it was until you told Kim & she told me. Thank you for the blogsup.
Since I was old as dirt when I first started having kids the question I always get is why did I have kids right before retirement and why did I put so many years between my kids (5 years). The classic though is me and my friend Kim had our girls two weeks apart and our boys one week apart and people ask us if we planned it...oh yes doesnt everyone plan conception with a friend!
And the debate...oh I just don't even know where to begin.

Leigh Ann said...

Amen, sista!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!

Meagan said...

Hey Kim! I am a good friend of Lauren's and Megan H's and I popped on to read a little. Love the blog, love your post, and love your random things! Too cute!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Okay, I have no doubt that you are doing the best you can and that means you are doing fabulously!!!

I love that you have a BIG family ;)!