Thursday, October 23, 2008

Excuse me, this will be a long post . . . .

First thing's first - Don't forget about the GIVE-a-WAY from yesterday's post!!! You still have time - I don't plan on random number generator-ing it till tomorrow morning!

Second - I've been meaning to tell you guys about the link below . . . . You will also see it over at the left. Tip Junkie has let people use her blog as a "shopping network" or sorts. Again, I think everyone in the blog world is really trying to help out and really push the "hand-made" items as gifts this year. If you will just click on the picture below, it will take you to a page that has tons of shop links. So, go check it out - see if you can find something to spend your hard-earned-money on. I'm sure most of these ladies {and (maybe some) men} have a specifics that their profits go towards - such as me. I told you guys yesterday that mine do pay for my kids' 2 day a week preschool. And I'm not kidding when I say that if I don't make the full amount for the month, I might possibly have to pull them out. Boo hoo - that would be so sad! So, please buy gifts from crafters such as myself.!! It really goes a long way!



The next part of this post is going to have so many pictures and so many points - I just hope you can follow!

So, I met this fabulous new friend through my blog. I think if we lived closer, we would hang out all the time! She is just that freakin' cool! Well, her little girl is getting a big girl bedroom make-over. I think we emailed each other about 89 times - no kidding! Trying to come up with the "perfect" canvas!

The bedding . . .


This is not the actual room - but how cute is that bedding!!! But her bedskirt is organza! OH, I'm in love! My entire wedding gown was organza! Beaded organza! She has big plans for all size and shape pillows - yeah, this is going to be one fantastic room!


Now, this picture above is the actual wall color and bed. Don't you love it??? Big fat help when I get the name and brand of the wall color! Really it is - I matched to it perfectly!

{fabric for window treatments and a pillow}

Does the above fabric look familar? Well, I matched to it already for another painting! So, this painting should be a cinch! Right??

WRONG!!! I'm sure by now you know that I think these things out and inevitable it goes in a different direction - EVERY single TIME! Well, again . . . . I trashed another canvas . . . .


As you can see above, I got the bright idea of drawing circles - sketching them out in a very tedious order . . . . .
. . . . let's just say that it wasn't me. I knew it wasn't when I started painting them. So, I kinda went with it, just to see where it was going . . . .
. . . . and it basically went in the trash!

I have standards you see - high ones! If I wouldn't hang it in my house, I'm not going to sell it to you! I have ruined so many canvases it is ridiculous. Well, know that I sat down and just started painting - just me becoming one with the paint {hahaha - I just had to say that!} And I'm very happy with what my "free-handed" circles look like!


But I'm going to drag this on some more before I show the whole picture . . . .

Yes, I borrowed some bedding that I knew had the same fabric. That is what I do you know - if I don't get swatches. If I'm not sure of colors, I will drive to the store that carries the bedding - buy a piece and return it when the painting is complete. I've done the same thing for online bedding. I just really want it to match. As much as you do.


Look at this font - I love an "E". And just to tell you how cheezy I am, I actually named my baby girl purposely with an "E" and "G" in her monogram because I think they are the prettiest letters when written in script.


Oh, look it's a "G". Seriously, are these not the two prettiest letters?? My new friend really liked the dot roses I paint, but we both agreed that it would probably be just a little too busy with the damask like pattern on the duvet. So we scratched that idea . . . .

That is until . . . .


HELLO - the sides!!! Perfect spot - not too much at all! And yes, there is a smidge of glitter on the roses. Leigh Ann are you dying yet - probably not. You probably have already scrolled down and looked all the pictures before you even read this long post!

Well, here it is . . . .


I got your funky-fun with the dots and the cutesy-girl with the font and the dot roses!

The fun part of this entire story is the delivery situation. I really wanted to complete this one in time to ship last week. Apparently that didn't happen. I knew she wanted the new art before Ella Grace's Birthday party. Well, my dad & step-mom happen to be going to visit family - that happen to live in the EXACT same town!!!! Guys, I'm talking about a town that is 6 hours away! So, this baby will be in time to find the perfect spot over birthday girl's bed for the party!!! Leigh Ann, I hope you love it!


By the way - this is a new size I will be offering - 15x30! I've always loved the 12x24 but this size is fantastic! It's big, but not mural big {if that makes a lick of sense?}

16 comments:

Rachel Spence said...

Ooooh I love it!!! You're right it goes with that bedding perfectly. She will love it! Don't you love it Leigh Ann?!! Man I do!...of course I'm a little bias being that I have one of the same fabrics. hee hee

Julie said...

Great Job... you are such a star!

Leigh Ann said...

OH. MY. GOSH! Are you freakin' kidding me??? I am in total love! Total! I'm so sad I missed your call. After my company left, Derek said, "I have a surprise for you on your computer screen." So, I totally screamed when I saw it! I LOOOOOOVE it! Seriously. I think when I get it tomorrow I will hug it I love it so much. I might even hug your dad. Ha! :) You didn't tell me you borrowed that fabric. Well, it is absolutely PERFECT! OMG! I can't wait to see it in person. I love, love, love the font, and I am in love with that rectangle size, and I was just thinking that I wish we would have been able to incorporate the roses, and look at you, you did it without me even mentioning it. I LOOOOOVE it (have I said that already?..ha). Thank you so much, Kim, and you know you will be a feature post on my blog after tomorrow. You are AMAZING!

Kimberly @ Seriously Daisies said...

So so pretty! I think I'm a broken record. I just can't help it! I have to tell you when your paintings are great, and since they are ALWAYS great, I just gotta tell you all the time!

Kelly said...

You did such a great job! I didn't know you had met Leigh Ann in real life!! You would be best friends with her because she is the sweetest person you will ever meet! I got to live with Leigh Ann in college for two years and we had so much fun!!!!

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

LOVE your blog - amazing work. I need something for over my baby girl's bed and you may have just the item! Fabulous!

Bethany said...

Kim, thanks for the encouragement! You, along with The Nester, have given me the itch to try and do some fun creating for myself! I have ideas, but I'll let you know if and when they ever come into fruition. Oh and I'd love to win a gift card, since we are changing our ways, it would be a fantastic gift for someone :) Toodles!!!

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

I personally Heart your work. It is adorable.

Emily said...

Wow sooo cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your comment made me laugh.

Simple Answer said...

Darling. Darling.

Megan L Hutchings said...

First let me say...I love LeighAnn! Next time she comes to TN, you will be meeting her ;)! You Must!

And the painting? It is ABSOLUTELY perfect ;)! LOVE IT!

Jerilynn said...

sigh..... I so want your talent! Everything you paint is precious.

I Have Been Blessed said...

OK, love, love, love your work. I just had my daughter's portrait done....(see my blog...a few posts down) and am getting ready to do her room....what can you suggest? Would love to email back and forth!dlgraham1298@charter.net

A New England Life said...

Beautiful painting, Kim! I like the larger size too. I always look forward to seeing what you have come up with : )

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Good 1

Alex said...

Perfect Work