Friday, August 29, 2008

One is complete!!!!

Remember the brain freeze from last post?? Well, I must have thawed because I completed one!! And just to prove it, here is a picture . . .
I was going to show the whole thing, but thought, "Nahh, I'll jut make you wait and show you all of them - since they match and all." Now that I figured where to go with these, the other two should be completed by tonight {you know, round 2 of painting - remember I can only paint when my kids are asleep - so naptime is almost over and now I have to wait for bedtime.}

That is probably the hardest part of painting. I'll get on a roll - then it's over, because someone is ready to get up. I wouldn't blame 'em - they do take 3 hour naps. And somehow, baby Em is scheduled with them?! Beat that. Don't be fooled - I have the days when somebody fights the urge to sleep - but I usually win and sleepiness over comes them - {AND no, I don't but a pillow over their face!!}

Have you ever done something that you know you're really "suppose" to be doing???? Well, that is painting for me - it all just falls into place perfectly. The fact that it is a newly discovered talent, it works great for an at home business, the time factor has not been an issue because it does work fabulous with naptime and I just freakin' enjoy the creativity part!!! I feel like God led me down this road for some reason - maybe one of my kids is going to be a famous artist and I'm here to nurture that and see to it that it will happen {hehe - okay, I can dream - and so far all my boys L-O-V-E to paint!} Maybe I'm to help someone out there that is reading this right now - {that is why I desperately answer all your emails!} There are so many "what ifs" - I just don't want to miss what I'm suppose to be doing with this talent!

By the way, don't forget that I have gift certificates available! I'm invited to a baby shower this weekend for one LONG-TIME friend! She grew up 3 doors down from my grand parents {which I was there at least every other weekend!} I guess we have probably known each other since we were 4? {WoW!} Anyhoodle - she is having her 1st baby!! A baby girl!! With NO name!!! A no name baby girl?? NOW, APRIL - you know what kind of gifts I give - you should have come up with a name for that baby before this shower {at least for me}!!!! But she didn't - so thank goodness I have some super-cute-over-the-top-gift-certificates!! And I do mean it!!! They have the UV coating, are somewhat a tri-fold, tied off with a ribbon & my business card is "stuck" to it in a 3-D style! Because I'm cool like that - so my GC are cool, too!
Seriously - I had to have something great. If someone was giving this as a gift, I really wanted it to look "pretty" - if that sounds right{?} - you know, like a gift! Again, Brandi - you out did your self when you designed these!! I gave her the "musts" and she did it!! Now, I do change up the color of the ribbon and actually I like it better tied into a knot {it ships better if mailed!} So, for your next "no-name-baby-shower" OR your "BIRL" baby shower {you know, when you don't know the sex of the baby - that is not an original from me, my friend Trever called his baby "Birl" b/c they didn't find out the sex - how funny is that?!} - PA-LEEZ, think of me!!!

My friends, have a great weekend - I {hopefully} will post pictures of this painting and the other 2 paintings with the bedding tomorrow {or Sunday!}

FYI - that ad space was $86,000 for a full year - the ad size is about 3 times bigger than the $600 monthly one! But come-on ------ who has that kinda dough lying around!!! Truthfully, I would love to have that lying around, but I don't think I would buy ad space! Thanks for the funny comments!

8 comments:

pve design said...

Ah, the joy of completing and the lure of wanting to start anew. Me, I am doing what I should! An artist creating and living an artful life while raising a family and keeping a home. A colonial dame at heart living in a modern world.

Kim Hancock said...

Your gift cards are so cute. That would be a great gift for any age!

Natalie said...

SO pretty girl -- it looks so nice!! I can't wait to see all 3 finished! Does this match a specific bedding?!

As always, you are dead-on with stuff -- the gift certificates are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE how you are accenting your pieces now...always on your game girl, always. So creative you are!

Holli said...

I love this one! Can't wait to see what else goes with it!

Momofthree said...

Once again you've exceded my expectations!!! I know my friend will LOVE this one as much as her last! Thanks bunches!

Unknown said...

Those gift cards are nice! Cant wait to see the other paintings!

Kelly B. Rightsell said...

ALL I can say is WOW!! I thought I had a full plate!! I don't know how you take a shower, let alone have a BUSINESS with 4 small ones!! Hats off to you, Kim! Keep Painting! Kelly