Friday, March 28, 2008

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful . . .

HA!!!! I'm soooo kidding! It's more like YIKES!!


Who is that "big"girl?? So, this is me the morning of - it was about 5:15 in the morning - so ignore the "no make-up, barely fixed hair" look that I was going for! I did have a shower, shaved my legs, deo was on and my teeth were brushed.

Now, about 2 and a half hours later - we got this . . .

Emsley Grace Wheeler
7 lbs 3 oz
19 inches

And I am soooo glad it is all over!! Lonnie got sick that morning about the time we left for the hospital - oh, you heard right. Literally in the middle of the c-section, he had to go to the bathroom!! Needless to say, he didn't hang around long at the hospital. He saw Emsley and hit the road. I didn't want him there contaminating everybody - ESPECIALLY me or Emsley! He felt really bad - but who cares, I told him that he had the rest of his life to look at her!

Anxiety kicked in high gear the 45 minutes in between my IV and the surgery. I was in the room by myself {except for sleeping Lonnie} and I had some crazy thoughts going through my head as to how I could "bust up outta there" - I really was contemplating yanking the IV out and beat feetin' it out of the hospital! I was starting to get the shakes and I couldn't get my legs or feet to stop moving! Finally, a nurse came back in the room to talk and I had to ask her stay in the room with me - she didn't ask why, but with way I was twitchin' around, I'm sure she knew {or she thought I had tourettes!} I seriously couldn't control myself!

OR - when the surgery was over they put the stupid blood pressure cup on my arm and every so many seconds it checked my BP. They also wrapped these retarded vinyl things around my legs that inflated and de-flated constantly - to keep my circulation flowing - well, everytime one of these would inflate - I would start to burn up - literal hot flash! I felt like I was going to suffocate - Yes, for all those who personally know me - this is where Hudson gets it from!! AND everytime I got hot, I would want to puke!! NOW, let me tell you that I never throw up - I might get sick to my stomach, but I've always been able to control my stomach. WELL THIS TIME - no way Jose - the last time that blood pressure cup inflated - my blood pressure started to rise, the heat in my body rose and the few ice chips I ate rose as well!!! I felt bad they had to clean it up - but I asked them to take that crap off me - actually, I BEGGED them to - so that is what they get!

Needless to say, I'm not a good patient - never claimed to be. I think that is why they let me leave the hospital sooo early. Really, the ordeal was not bad at all. This c-section was so much easier and I was up and walking about just a few hours after the surgery! And when I say walking, I mean I was doing more than shuffling - walking, bending, reaching, etc.

But, I'm sooo glad to be home. Even though my house was slightly trashed, there wasn't very much to eat in the house and my kids have forgotten any kinda rules they knew before! But who cares, home at last!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT picture!! lol! I do love the one of Emsley here that is a really good one. I'm SOOOO glad that everything went as well as it did and you are back home. You make ME feel better when you are at home. I was even getting anxious before you had this chickarita just wondering if you were gonna be anxious and how your c-section was gonna be! Whew! I'm just glad it's all over for ya and check out that BEE-utiful bebe!!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

She is gorgeous....a picture of health! :-) Rosie

Melissa Santanastasio said...

You look absolutely GORGEOUS and the baby is cute as a button.

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to hold that baby!! She's gorgeous...you look great, too!!