Friday, July 13, 2007

shabby to chic . . .

okay - I completely enjoy creating things - many things. But my first love is turning trash to treasure - ugly to fabulous - someone's imperfection to my perfection - You get the picture!!! I found this table several years ago . . .







. . . and I just never got to it!! But oh - how I love its lines, its detail, all the crevices - the french design is one of my all time favorites. So, I decided the first of the week that I was going to give this small table some of my left over time.(because I've got so much of it - haha.) So, each night after all the kids went to sleep, I worked on this potentially great table.

I sanded the top with my sander, hand-sanded the rolled edge, with my air-nailer I added a little more support with a couple of finishing nails to each leg as well as some wood glue, with some paint, stain and a little magic - BOOM - I created this . . .







. . . don't you LOVE it?!?! I'm not quite finished. I need to add a few coats of poly, but I didn't want to wait any longer to post the picture. I'm so very happy & proud with the way it turned out.

And I think I have the perfect spot for this little treasure . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think thsi table is really adorable!

CG said...

Wow! That doesn't even look like the same piece..it's gorgeous!